Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Ode to the Pilgrim People




Ode to the Pilgrim People

Oh, Pilgrim people, so plump and brown,
When you make your appearance,
I know the holidays have come around
Squat and serene, somberly atop my shelf
I just want to salt and pepper a-frenzy,
Unable to help myself
Memories of the holidays past,
Always heralded by your ad
Come flooding back with abandon
Making me smile, tear and laugh

You go home with me on Thanksgiving,
And then again on Christmas day
Other than that, here at work you will stay
Oh, Pilgrim people, my dear Pilgrim folks
Your presence on my desk has long been a joke
But as you cavort merrily each day (at least in my mind)
You’re a small reminder of the Season
And I try to be kind

1 comment:

Laura said...

Awwwww.... I love the "Ode to the Pilgrim People".... I have a Jesus with a little girl card in my car to keep me from cussing at dumb drivers....same idea....